Sunday, February 1, 2009

The City of Enduring Spirit beckons me for my MBA




The day to depart for Mumbai finally and steadily approached and I was there saying my bye-byes to family and friends,and treading towards my destination Mumbai and my future MBA school-SP Jain Institute of Management and Research.
Mumbai-often called the land of opportunities and the city of enduring spirit,is not called so without a reason as I was to discover a little later.

The 1 year MBA program which handpicks people from across the country with exceptional professional experience of a minimum of 5 years,began with a bang-with a pre-foundation quiz on the very second day of the program.

Well,after all the early shocks,came the very warm and zestful celebrations of the republic day.With all people adorned in their cultural best and the atmosphere being a sublime and serene one,we witnessed various heart warming events in glory of our country.The unison and the patriotic spirit was palpable like I had never felt before,truly a memorable experience.

Well what is Mumbai without discovering the city and it's subtlities-the local trains,the vada pav ,the marathi bhai's(maids),BEST buses and so many more.The first visit was to the victims of the recent 26/11 terror attacks which were in the global limelite and which stand as a symbol of Mumbai's invincible spirit-The Taj hotel,the Trident and the Leopold cafe.
The older Taj hotel is presently closed to visitors and in undergoing restructuring ,but the wounds are very discernable.The Leopold cafe is back to its business-in a admirably short time and is continuing to draw its cosmopolitan clientele ,as if nothing had transpired,but now with an armed guard doing the rounds!Well this is the undying spirit of Mumbai and its people!!
So hats off to the "Never say die" spirit of "Aamchi Mumbai" and lets pray for the peace and strength of all the people who were affected in some way or another...

1 comment:

Saurabh Baranwal said...

hi
I was going thru ur orkut profile.read that u have substantial exp in IT and now have completed ur MBA .I am an mba aspirant and have around 2.5 yrs of exp in IT. I would like to know how an mba degree has helped u boost ur career.my email id is saurabh452in@gmail.com. Kindly reply.Thanks..could not post a scrap on orkut so left a comment here..